I work with a range of issues and difficulties which includes:-
- Depression, Post Natal Depression, Low Self Esteem, Anger, Stress Management
- Work Stress, Eating Difficulties and Disorders, Pain, Shyness, Social Anxiety
- Generalised Anxiety Disorder, Worry, Panic Disorder, Health Anxiety, Phobias
- Obsessive and Compulsive Disorders, Trauma, Post Traumatic Stress Disorder
The National Institute of Health and Clinical Excellence (NICE) have evaluated CBT as an effective treatment for these kinds of difficulties.
How does CBT work?
CBT aims for you to make sense of your problems , by breaking them into smaller parts. This makes it easier, because you can see how things are connected and how they might affect you. These parts are shown in the below example:-
- Situation- Upon having a bad day you are apparantly ignored by a passing friend
- Thoughts- I am being ignored They seemed distant, are they ok?
- Emotions - Low, anxious Concern for the person
- Physical - Tension, feel sick Non, relaxed
- Behaviours - Avoid, go home Contact the person
CBT also takes into account of some previous experiences, which may have influenced some beliefs you may have about yourself, others and the world you are in.
Who do I work with?
I accept referrals from:-
- Direct Contact from Individuals, Insurance Companies, Legal Professionals,
- Medical Insurance, Solicitors, Private Practice Consultations, Employers of Patient
- Government Departments
How long will therapy take?
Hourly sessions usually are between 6-20 sessions and this is based upon your specific experiences and goals. Sessions will be offered in the main either weekly or fortnightly, which ever works best for you.
My sessions last an hour and I leave 15 minutes between sessions, allowing people to remain anonymous if they so wish. I am also able to complete home visits.
Where am I based?
My comfortable and private therapy room is based in a small quiet and friendly Physiotherpist:- Saddlworth Physiotherapy Clinic, based in the village of Uppermill in Oldham. The village is on the edge of the Pennines and borders Yorkshire and Tameside.
My clinic room benefits from a welcoming and confidential receptionist and a private waiting area, there is free parking in the opposite car park, next door to the museum.